Ignite Ceramics | Throwing Studio
Launching in early 2024, Ignite Ceramics Throwing Studio will be a 6-wheel community facility available for hire by individuals and groups, or by expereinced ceramicists wishing to run their own workshops. The studio will be a self-managed independent space, and some prior experience on the wheel will be required to ensure the space is clean and well maintained by all users.
To be the first to hear about our launch date, sign up to our eNews and follow us on social media.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Morning Session: 9am - 12pm
Afternoon Session: 1pm - 4pm
Individual hires outside of our regular operating hours by experienced ceramicists may be considered in some cases.
How To Book
Bookings open Jan 2024
All prices inclusive of GST. These fees are subject to annual review by Ballina Shire Council, and may increase slightly from year to year.
|Ignite Ceramics | Throwing Studio Fees & Charges|
|Single Wheel (3 hrs)||$25|
|Single Wheel (6 hrs)||$50|
|Full Studio - 6 wheels (3 hrs)||$150|
|Full Studio - 6 wheels (6 hrs)||$300|
|Full Studio - 6 wheels (full day) - access by arrangement||$500|
Terms & Conditions of Use
- Users must be confident working in a ceramics studio, with a good understanding of safe working practices, and how to look after the space and keep it clean and manageable. Users must either be an experienced ceramicst, or have done at least one course introducing them to wheel throwing techniques, safety and shared studio ettiquette. NRCG will run these courses from time to time, and there are others available within the region. You will be asked to describe your ceramics experience at the point of booking, and NRCG reserves the right to refuse hire to users who we deem do not have the required experience.
- Users must bring their own materials, waste buckets, and specialised tools. Some simple tools and cleaning materials will be provided with each wheel.
- Users must remove their own waste, including all slops, except in some special cases as pre-arranged with NRCG. Please note that clay cannot be disposed of on site and NRCG staff will not recycle clay for you.
- Users must clean their workstation fully after use, leaving it perfectly clean and ready for the next user.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, except if pre-arranged with NRCG.
- NRCG reserves the right to deny entry to anyone deemed unfit or too inexperienced to work unsupervised within the studio.
- NRCG reserves the right to deny entry to users who do not respect the rules of the studio.
- Works stored in the studio to dry must be clearly labelled with the makers name, contact number, and the date left.
- There is limited space for storage on site, and users must collect their works within two weeks.
- Works left for longer than 3 weeks, or without legible name, contact number and date attached, will be disposed of.
Image credit: Jacqui Sosnowski and friend at NRCG's Ballina Contemporary Art Market, 2023, Photo Kate Holmes.