Ignite Ceramics | Kiln Firing Services
We offer full kiln firings for individual ceramicists in one of our two Woodrow Kilns.
How To Book
- Read the Terms & Conditions of our Kiln Firing service below. By booking a firing with Ignite Ceramics, you agree to these terms & conditions.
- Pay the Kiln Firing fee via an online payment link which we will send you by email once your dates are confirmed.
- Bring your wares to Ignite Studios at 60 Crane Street Ballina to stack the kiln on the agreed date, with the assistance of our Creative Programs Producer. We will then fire the kiln.
- Return to unload the kiln, on the agreed date.
- Enjoy your beautiful ceramics!
We hope to offer per kilo kiln firing in the second half of 2024.
All prices inclusive of GST. These fees are subject to annual review by Ballina Shire Council, and may increase slightly year to year.
|Kiln Firing | Full Load - Woodrow ED-280L||$150|
|Kiln Firing | Full Load - Woodrow HF-85L||$100|
|Damage Fee | Kiln Shelf Replacement||$160|
|Damage Fee | Service Technician Required||Variable|
|Throwing Studio | Single Wheel x 3 hrs||$25|
|Throwing Studio | Single Wheel x 6 hrs||$50|
|Throwing Studio | Full Studio (6 x wheels) x 3 hrs||$150|
|Throwing Studio | Full Studio (6 x wheels) x 6 hrs||$300|
|Throwing Studio | Full Studio (6 x wheels) x full day (extended hours by negotiation only)||$500|
Terms and Conditions
- By booking a firing with us, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- NRCG will take all care but no responsibility for breakages or damage which may occur to your work at any point in your use of our facility, including when we are handling your works.
- For full kiln firings for experienced ceramicsts, users are responsible for stacking and unstacking the kiln, at a time to be arranged with NRCG staff.
- NRCG staff will fire the kiln to your requested firing profile. In some cases, we may not be able to accommodate your prefered profile. Please be sure to confirm your preferences at the time of booking, to avoid dissappointment.
- All work must be free from glaze on the base. Any works with glaze on the base will not be included in the firing. Please check your pieces before stacking the kiln.
- Damage occuring to kiln shelves as a result of glaze melt or incorrect clay or glaze being submitted for firing will incur a fee.
- It is your repsonsibiltiy to know the firing temperatures of your clay and glazes, and to confirm your firing profile with the facility ahead of time.
- NRCG reserves the right to cancel a booking if the kiln is not fully loaded.
- Once payment has been made and your booking confirmed, there will be no refunds available. In case of a booking cancellation a credit will be offered which may be redeemed at a later date. No further credits will be offered in the case of a second cancellation.