Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The Shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
Ballina Shire Council operates and manages the Northern Rivers Community Gallery (NRCG). The Northern Rivers Community Gallery aims to deliver high quality, energetic and accessible art and cultural programming and enjoyment for the growing community of Ballina Shire and its visitors.
Reporting to the Gallery Coordinator, this position is responsible for providing support in the development, implementation and promotion of innovative, high quality arts and cultural programming and activation plans of the NRCG and Ignite Studios @ NRCG.
A key focus of the position is to oversee the administrative services associated with Gallery operations, including maintaining a high standard of customer service and managing exhibitions, gallery reception and volunteers program.
This position is a maternity relief replacement for a period of up to 12 months.
The successful applicant will be:
- passionate about arts, culture and community
- self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware
- a team player
- able to use initiative to solve problems and make improvements
- able to thrive in a busy environment
- able to display a high attention to detail
- able to embody Council's values
- able to demonstrate acceptance of personal responsibility for safe workplace behaviour.
- A salary range of $54,600 to $62,600 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
11.30 pm on Monday, 24 June 2019
Lee Mathers | Gallery Coordinator | 02 6686 1494