Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The Shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
Ballina Shire Council operates and manages the Northern Rivers Community Gallery (NRCG). The Northern Rivers Community Gallery aims to deliver high quality, energetic and accessible art and cultural programming and enjoyment for the growing community of Ballina Shire and its visitors.
We are seeking an appropriately experienced and motivated individual to provide a high level of administrative support to Council's Gallery operations. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and promotion of innovative, high quality arts and cultural programming and activation plans of the Northern Rivers Community Gallery and Ignite Studios @ NRCG. The position will focus on overseeing the administration of a number of key Gallery operations, coordinating the Gallery shop, volunteer program and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
Hours of work for this part-time position are 14 hours per week worked over three days per week including Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council's values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Proven previous experience in administration or office management with the ability to multitask and work with competing deadlines in a tightly resourced environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing services to a diverse audience through high-level customer service, information provision, sales and program promotions using excellent written and spoken communication skills, and confidence to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- An annual salary range of $22,700 to $26,000 (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience, and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity, and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples' safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click HERE to view the Position Description and Information Package or apply for the position.
11.30 pm on Wednesday 25 November 2020
Lee Mathers | Coordinator Gallery | 02 6686 1494